Saturday 30 May 2009

Back Down To Earth!

Hey!

Wow what a scorcher of a Saturday! I hope you managed to enjoy the sun (safely!) wherever you are today!

OK so firstly can I just say THANK YOU for your really sweet comments not only here, but over on the SASI blog too. *Hugs* to you all! It made me feel so blessed to have such lovely comments from such lovely people as yourselves! I really was smiling from ear to ear reading them!

But enough of the slushfest, let's get down to business! LOL! So after my little excitement yesterday, life was back to normal today. My niece, Ruby, is 2 tomorrow - she's such a cutie! Therefore, I had the exact image I wanted to play with for her card. For once, I didn't follow any sketches - I had this one ready in my head to make!
I hope you like it! I know it's a continuation of the cupcake theme but note that it doesn't contain a speck of green or a birdie in sight! The image is from my lovely friend Kate from an image swap. I'm not fortunate enough to own all the Taylored Expressions sets but I would love to add a couple more sets to my collection!

But do you want to know the coolest thing about this card?!?! The cake is FLUFFY! That's right - FLUFFY! How cool is that!?! I was busy colouring away with my Promarkers and had a brainwave - sponge cake should be fluffy and light so I applied my quickie glue pen and sprinkled some yellow Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock. The pic doesn't do it justice but it's so cute and fluffy to touch! I had the same expression on my face as the cuppie whilst stroking it! LOL! I could almost eat it - yummy!

I'm going to enter this for the first challenge over on the Passsion for Promarkers blog. For their first challenge all you gotta do is use any Promarkers on a card - easy huh?! It's by no means the best (have you checked out the talent over there!?!) but it's certainly cute!

Promarkers Recipe
Cupcake: Blossom, Rose Pink, Carmine, Pastel Blue, Cornflower, Berry Red
Cake: Blossom, Lavender, Berry Red
Shadowing: Ice Grey 2, Ice Grey 4

Card Recipe
Stamps: Taylored Expressions - Sweet Celebration
Paper: Doodlebug Bazzill - Posie Pink, Doodlebug Stripes DP
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Velvet Ribbon (Paperchase), Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock - Yellow & Pink, Transfer Letters (Scrapworks Color Rubz - Upper West Side Font) Promarkers, White Gel Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you all have a super sunny Sunday!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Lovely card, great image. Thanks for joining us for the first PFP challenge. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Aimes. Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP this week.
Maria xx

Wiccababe said...

what a fab card Amy,
thanks for joining us over at PfP and good luck
I'm a sucker for using flock too
Debbi
xx

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Amy. Love the image, so cute and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining our first challenge over at PFP. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card Amy. Love the cute image and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Emma said...

I don't need any excuse to stroke yummy cards but your does look extra strokey !

I am sure your Niece, Ruby (what a lovley name) will treasure it or try to eat it ha!

Have a great sunny day x

Ida / Little said...

Adorable, I really love the cupcake image so I see why you would go for that one :) And the colors look fab! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week.!! :)

Hugs Ida

Suzanne said...

Looks good enough to eat!! Thank you for joining us in our first PFP challenge and good luck Sue :o)

Alison said...

Scrumptious! Love that flocking, makes me want to dig out mine!

Gwen said...

So darn cute! love how you mixed the velvet ribon with the fluff!

Caryn said...

Aimes, I love cupcake images and you have really done a great job with this one. If only there was feely-vision on the net!! Thanks for joining us at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

helen said...

i love your fluffy cake idea and i'm sure your neice will love it too, thanks for joining the first challenge at PfP
good luck
hugs
helen x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.