Tuesday 26 May 2009

Getting The Mojo Going!

Hey!

I hope you all had a fab bank holiday weekend - we had a scorcher! The weather took a typical turn for the worse on Monday evening (in true bank holiday style!) but it was still lovely!

So today is officially my first day of half term - woo hoo! (yesterday didn't count as everyone else was off too!) So I made a bee-line for my crafting corner this morning. I'm surprised that I haven't even managed to stamp a single image over the weekend - been soooooo busy!

To get my mojo into gear I decided to play along with the Mojo Monday sketch (week 88). Here's the sketch:To add to this, I decided to play along with Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite colour challenge #7.
Such scrummy colours! That raspberry was screaming out Raspberry Fizz so I decided to play using my Papertrey Ink stash (which is depleting rapidly LOL!)

Here's what I came up with:
I hope you like it! The only thing not PTI on here is the white card and brads (which I had to paint with white acrylic paint as I had no white brads at all!)
I attempted to stamp on the ribbon - I'm not sure if I like it but as I'd stamped it I thought 'Hey, I might as well use it!' LOL!

Card Recipe

(All Papertrey Ink Unless Stated)
Stamps: Around & About Sentiments
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado
Card: Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado Bitty Dot Basics, White (from my stash)
Accessories: Ripe Avocado Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder, Pink Jewel (from stash), Brads (from stash), White Acrylic Paint (to alter the brads!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope to post a bit more this week but for now I must dash as I need to get ready to go and see Counting Crows live (Sooooooooooooo excited I think I might burst! LOL!)

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

9 comments:

Maureen P said...

love your use of the colours this week! Those raspberry panels sure POP!

Alex said...

Nice card Aimes, have a great time at the Counting Crows concert.

Alex

Alison said...

Gorgeous card Aimes! Love those colours, I might have to join in with these challenges.
Check out 'the cutest blog on the block' for fun blog backgrounds. I knew you'd like mine with that birdy!
Have a great time tonight!

Emma said...

Another gorgeous one Aimes - you are on fire at the moment. Glad your enjoying the break x

Winter said...

Cute card! Love the patterned paper! Glad you could join us for the challenge! :)

Stephanie said...

Another stunner, I just LOVE your designs Aimes!
Hugs from me xxx

Kelly said...

This is so cute! I love the embossed pink panels and the stamped ribbon. Great job!

Ann said...

This is super fab! I love it!

Helen said...

This is fabulous! Love the vibrant colours!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.