Wednesday 3 June 2009

A last minute rush...

Hey!

We're half-way through the working week - woo hoo! It's going kinda fast for me as work is full on and busy, busy, busy! No rest for the wicked eh!?! LOL! Though the sun has decided to hide today, I was hoping it would last all week!

Just a little card to share with you today! I was asked at the very last minute for a 'get well' card. It's for my work colleague who is off work for a little while; the card was for us as a department to give to her.

Well what a perfect opportunity to play some more with my Taylored Expressions - Doctor's Orders stamp set! Not that I'd wish anyone to be ill of course, but I'll admit I got a little excited when I had a real reason to play with it! LOL!

With the short time given I felt under pressure to give my card that I made for the SASI blog but that card seems to be my pride and joy at the minute. I couldn't bear to part with it (I know it's sad isn't it!?!) Therefore it was time to get the stamps out and get cracking!

Here's what I came up with:

I know it's not very fancy, but I hope it has the desired effect of cheering up the recipient a little! Fortunately, everyone at work seemed to like it so I don't feel too bad about only having literally 15mins to get this one done!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Doctor's Orders
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card: DCWV Bright Mat pack, Bazzill dotted swiss - pirouette, white (from stash!)
Accessories: Promarkers, White Gel Pen, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Stickles (Crystal), Corner Punch, Ribbon Ripe Avocado (PTI)
That's all for now! I hope to post something a little more special tomorrow...
Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, this is totally adorable! The colors, glitter, and ribbon tabs all rock!!!

Emma said...

Awh who couldn't resist that little fella. I believe he could cheer the saddest peson ever.

Know what you mean about keeping the special cards though. You should frame it and let it say "this is where it begun".

The weekend soon and what I say is the harder you have to work the sweeter your free time is x

Kate Lewis said...

Wow, you came up with that in 15 minutes? I wouldn't even have chosen my papers in that time lol!

I don't blame you for not wanting to part with your award winning creation! but this is fab fab card too, I'm sure it will really cheer her up - how could that cute cuppie not!

By the way re the circle card, yep it stands up really well - just ensure you leave a hinge at the top!

Enjoy the rest of the working weed hun!

Kate xx

Alison said...

Wow - 15 minutes! That card will definitely cheer up your colleague.
Lovely colouring and I really like the sentiment layered onto the scallop circle, it's all super-cute!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.