Sunday 16 August 2009

The Next Toughie....DONE!

Hey!

Well you have to read today's blog post title in the style of Gordon Ramsay - as that's how I'm sayin' it! Yup I've finished the next toughie (aka a masculine card) required of me in record time!

But before I start babbling about the card - I have some fab news to share with y'all...yesterday I became an aunty AGAIN!! Aunty to 7 now including the new, healthy baby Charile who arrived yesterday morning! So I'll be making a nice card in tones of blue methinks but anyways back to TODAY'S card:

I figured I had a few days to mull this one over for Chris' dad but Chris kindly requested it at the last minute again last night so he could take it with him to his folks' today. So cue a mad rush to my crafting corner at 10.30pm! I decided to adopt the CAS approach to card making as well as the quick approach and I'm kinda happy with the result:Well simple by name and simple by nature for blokes I say LOL! It only took about 30mins and one cuppa to think up and decide on which colours to use etc. I think being tired really helped my decision process here - I was too tired to be indecisive!

Card Recipe
All PTI Supplies
Stamps: Star Prints
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate
Card: Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Stampers Select White, Ripe Avocado Bitty Box Basics
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Dark Chocolate Twill Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Corner Rounder

On another note, I received positive feedback for my last masculine card - Matt said "It was good!" and that's real enthusiasm for an 18 year old isn't it? Wonder if I'll receive the same feedback for this card? Well it depends on when Chris' dad will receive it as in typical bloke style Chris has gone to his folks' and left this card on the bloomin' table! D'oh!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

Edited to add: Just realised I could enter this for the CAS#28 Challenge over on SCS - to create a CAS Masculine Card. Am I psychic or what?! LOL!

12 comments:

Terri said...

Nice job on the card. Congrats on becoming an aunt again too. thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a nice comment as well.

Taheerah said...

Masculine cards are hard but you've done a good job on both of these Aimes! Not too fussy but not boring and still got a designer's touch!

Alex said...

Nice masculine card Aimes, I'm sure Chris' dad will love it when he eventually receives it!

Congratulations on becoming an Aunty again, I can't wait to see what card you make for baby Charlie.

Have a good evening.

Alex x

Emma said...

Hi Auntie Aimes,

I love being called Auntie - It makes me feel all grown but I know that I can be the silly sort of Auntie too - Congratulations on you little nephew too.

I love this card, I especailly love the white lined cirlce around the sentiment - very cool :D

Have a great week and speak to you soon,

Emma xx

Liz said...

Another great masculine card! I love having Star Prints; it always comes in handy for the men in my life :)

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the colors.

IamDerby said...

I love this card, so fresh! Wow Aunty to 7! I have just two, a niece and a nephew. Congrats on the newest family member.

~amy~ said...

simply fabbie masculine card!

Julie said...

Aimes - it looks like you are becoming the queen of male cards and congratulations on becoming an auntie again :)
Take Care - Ju xx

memory-scrap said...

Well Aimes, you know there were a few select words you missed off if it were to be in true Ramsay style!!! Congratulations on being auntie again, does it make you broody? My sister had a baby end of May this year and he is so gorgeous, just starting to smile and gurgle, for a few minutes i get broody but I soon snap out of it LOL!! Great 'man card', I agree that the simpler the better (cards that is, not men!!). Love Jane xx

Karen said...

Firstly BIG CONGRATS on becoming an aunty again! That's brilliant news! Lovin this card and the colours look fab together.
Hugs,
Karen xxx

Kim said...

Thanks for a quick idea for a masculine card to use for my nephew. I (like so many) struggle with making masculine cards - even my sentiment stamps seem feminine.

Kim

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.