Tuesday 23 February 2010

News....

Hey!

We're at the half-way mark! How's ya week been so far?! I'm shattered but I always get that on my first week back at work...roll on the weekend!

However, that's enough babble about work, I do have more interesting news to share with y'all...

During half term I noticed that over on Splitcoast Stampers they were looking for a new DT for their Clean-and-Simple (CAS) challenges for spring, Olympics style! Well seeing as I'd made a few CAS cards recently I thought, 'why not?'. I didn't make it past round one, but that's just the nature of competition, right? I was watching from the sidelines from then on when I received a PM asking if I'd like to be a guest designer for a week in March! Well needless to say I grabbed the opportunity and I'll be the guest designer for the CAS challenges over at SCS on Monday March 15th!

The official DT are to be revealed tonight sometime (well past our bedtime this side of the pond!) and the competition is tough; there are some AMAZING stampers out there. I'm secretly rooting for Sally (aka ApricotRose) who is flying the flag for Team GB - good luck, Sally!

I was asked to make a card based on a sketch for the closing ceremonies of the DT search tonight to introduce myself as a guest designer and this is what I've come up with:

Oh I know it's one of my fave colour combos, but when you feel a kinda pressure to do well I tend to stick to my comfort colours!

Card Recipe
Stamps: BasicGrey Delta Series - Design 7
Ink: Versamark
Cardstock: All PTI Enchanted Evening/Pure Poppy/Stamper's Select White/Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Basics
Accessories: PTI Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon/PTI Vintage Buttons/White Gel Pen/Martha Stewart Border Punch


Don't worry - I'll remind you of when my little DT moment arrives...kinda nervous but can't wait!

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share my news!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

18 comments:

Terri said...

Congrats on getting to be a guest designer. I think you should definitely be made a part of the permanent team since you do a fantastic job with clean and simple card design. I will be eager to hear what happens. Great job on the challenge card they asked for too!

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous, Aimes! And a big huge CONGRATS on the guest DT spot! :)

Liz said...

Congratulations Aimes! That's fantastic news!

Carly said...

Congrats on the CAS spot!!! Your cards are just gorgeous! And thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment; I am a huge PTI fan and I see you are too. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow on the PTI blog hop! (((hugs)))

Maureen said...

Yippee!!! I know her, I know her!!! So proud I know you!! Congrats!! And March is my favourite month!!! I hope there is a St. Patty's Day card in the plans (no pressure!! LOL). CAS is perfect...you do it so well :) Glad we're still friends...now that GRB is out of curling, you can cheer for us!! And no hard feelings!! I know that first week back feeling...ugh...we are heading into report card time...and our Spring Break is a week early this year for some unknown reason...so I'll have to work on my birthday...yuck!! oh, love this card!! LOL almost forgot to say that...love the bold colours...it looks very patriotic :)

shery said...

nice card

Emma said...

Yay Aimes - brilliant news. I have finally created a login for splitcoast so will hot foot it over to where all the action is.

Really fab card, classic Aimes :D

Julie said...

Congratulations Aimes, thats great news - the card is fantastic, love the red and blue. Dont forget to let us know when you'll be showcased so i can pop over and support.
Have a great Day - Ju xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Congratulations Aimes, that is brilliant news, your card is lovely and no wonder you adore these colours xx

~amy~ said...

woot woot girlie! love your card!

Courtney Baker said...

Fantastic girl! You're so talented!

Daniela F. said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us :) Congrats on your guest DT spot, Aimes!! Your introduction card looks fantastic as always - nothing to be nervous about :)

AuroraDawn said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Aimes! Love that colour combo. Many, many congratulations on the guest DT spot! :o)

peggysue said...

Saw your post on the PTI site, congratulations again! Your cards are always clever and you deserve a DT spot.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

congrats Aimes!! c'est amplement mérité tu es si talentueuse
bravo et ta carte est vraiment superbe

Susan Raihala said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot! I'm so glad Jen decided to do that, especially because there are so many awesome CAS stampers and only three DT spots. What a great way to share the fun!

And your card is so fun! Love those colors!

Rhonda said...

Congrat Aimes!!! This is perfect for you.

Alex said...

Congrats on your spot as a Guest DT for March! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

I love your card anyways, the colours are great and the buttons and scallop detail are sweet.

Have a good weekend Aimes,

Alex x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.