Tuesday 22 February 2011

Wanna party?

Hey!

Happy Tuesday! Super duper happy for me as I'm on my week off - yay! Hoping to squeeze in lots of inky therapy this week!

In fact I've already had lots of inky therapy over this past weekend. Since I picked up a sheet of vellum last week for this card, I've not been able to put the stuff down! Is it making a comeback or am I just way outta fashion using it? I don't mind either way because it's good to use up anything that I've been hoarding!

So what did I create with it? Well something a little different from my usual cards....an invitation:


Yup I'm having a party 'just because' and you're invited! Ok, I'll 'fess up that I'm not: I'm up to my eyeballs packing stuff up for our move in a few weeks time so a party is definitely not going down around here LOL! But our new challenge on our PTI blog is to create an invitation and this is what I rustled up.


The vellum overlay on my tag tones down the bold background stamping on the tag underneath. The great thing about this idea is that I could print many vellum tags on one sheet of vellum and die cut after; the transparency of vellum means that I can die cut the tags with pre-printed text on to perfection :D


The colours of my invite are totally inspired by Heather P's Color Hues Challenge #2. I'm seriously loving these challenges that totally kick me into colour combos I'd normally be running scared from!

We'd love it if you could play along with us and create your own invite. Remember that you don't have to think of purely parties but you could create an invite for a friend to come over for get-together! So long as it invites someone to do or attend something, it'll count *wink*

Catch ya later!






Invite Deets
{it's my party!}
Stamps: Damask Designs, Birthday Bash Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)/Sentiment from Frame-It (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink)/Versamark/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Provocraft)/Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain Ribbon, Tag Sale #1 Die, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Collection Dies, Medium Scallop Border Die(Papertrey Ink)

20 comments:

Mandy said...

I was just about to pop on my party frock and come on over!! lol

What a fab idea to use a tag as an invite Aimes, really love how you've used the vellum!

take care,

Mandy

Debby said...

Ooh, I love all the deep colours - very sophisticated!

Alex said...

Great invitation Aimes, love those colours and the vellum!

Enjoy the rest of your Half Term :) Can't see what else you create soon...

Alex x

Pam said...

Fab invite, love the colours. Hugs Pam x

Karen B. said...

This invite is lovely and creative too! Good luck with your move, may you find some crafty supplies that have been missing for a while...(oops, that is what I should do!)

Lynn said...

100% in love with this...I love damask designs...and you completely rocked the color challenge! Hope it is warming up a bit for you and your enjoying your week off!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Fantastic invite!! I haven't heard of that blog! Going to go check it out!
Great job with Heather's color challenge too :)
Maria

Carly said...

Oh I love inky therapy, it always makes me feel better! As for vellum being in fashion or not, my vote is nothing ever out of fashion, it's how you use it. I just used a crimper last week!! :-) Hope all is well, Hugs, Carly

Nerina said...

Can vellum go out of style?????? (Gulp!) This is gorgeous - I love the way you've layered things together for a soft and subtle look - and you really rocked Heather's colour combo!

Maureen said...

woot, woot!! I'm coming!! I hope I'm the first on the list :) How about a house warming party there for your new place and then here at the end of the year for my new place!! Yup, I guess vellum is officially back like the chipboard coasters!! LOL LOVE how soft it makes the background paper look :) So much scrumptiousness on a little tag :) You amaze me :)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Beautiful! You so need to have a party once the move is out of the way, so maybe keep some co-ordinating stash to create the rest wont be a bad idea. :)
That colour combo is lovely, great invite.
Katie x

Amy Kolling said...

This is such a fun invite....Love the little tag and pocket idea! May have to CASE this for my daughter's birthday invites! This gets a yellow star in my GR today! :)

Angy said...

Love it! What a great idea. Love the layout - great way to fit in two challenges.

Sharron said...

Fabulous job with the color challenge! And your invite is so cool--love the pocket and wonderful use of vellum!

~amy~ said...

ooohhh...such a gorgeous invite sista!

Andrea M said...

OK - this is so BEAUTIFUL! I love how you used the challenge colors! I love the vellum overlay! This is pure genius and I'm putting in the "to CASE" file :)

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the Vellum overlay and the Damask. Great use of the colors too.

Heather P. said...

This is so beautiful! I absolutely love the elegance!

kari bell said...

i just LOVE how you pulled all this together. there are so many fabulous details but it doesn't look a bit busy. amazing work!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.