Tuesday 1 May 2012

Rainy Days and Planes...

Hey!

Wow! It's hard to believe it's May already! I guess it makes it even harder to believe when the weather's so soggy and miserable; I've heard of April showers but this is taking it a bit too far for my liking....

Anyways with a new month, comes a fabulous new sketch challenge over at The Craft's Meow. This month's sketch comes courtesy of Nina. B and it's a goodie :)


 And here's my very CAS take on it:
World Traveler

I used the cool plane and sentiment from Travel Time. I overlapped my planes in an attempt to give them some movement - not sure it that's worked as I've used different inks, but I'm a sucker for this yellow and grey combo (it's so on trend right now!)

We hope you can join in the fun this month - you've got plenty of time! Feel free to play around with the sketch (flip it, rotate it, do whatever you want with it so long as we can see it in there somewhere!) You don't need to use TCM Stamps to play along with us, (however, if you do then you could win an additional prize of 15% coupon off an additional stamp set). One randomly selected entry will win the TCM stamp set of their choice!

I'm also going to link this card up to the current abroad theme over at Paper Issues. If world travels and planes don't sum up the theme abroad, I'm not sure what does...!

Dashing off now - it may be super soggy but that doesn't shorten the list of things I need do!

Thanks so much for stopping by here - I really appreciate your visits! :)

Catch ya later!









Card Deets
{World Traveler}
Stamps: Travel Time (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Buttercup (a*muse)
Cardstock: White, Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink)

Accessories: Chompy! (Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers)/Linen and Camvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)

18 comments:

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card. Love the layout you used,and the soft colors with that image is great.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love those planes - totally get a takeoff vibe from them! Super take on the challenge!

Jenny said...

Love how you CAS-iffy the simplest of sketches Aimes, gorgeous colours too.
Jenny x

Lynn said...

Gorgeous....love the soft color palette Aimes!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous!!
Love the soft pretty colours and your fabulous CAS take on that sketch. :)

Karen B. said...

Sophisticated, classy, and oh so chic! Amazing take!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The planes instead of circles is a GREAT idea Aimes! Wonderful color scheme!

Maureen said...

this card totally wants to hop in a plane and come see you, Duchess...would you have room for a Diva that doesn't take up much room? I hear ya on the weather...our April showers apparently don't know it's May...I had my umbrella ready for recess duty today :) It was cold!! Tempted to bring out the red mittens!

sandie said...

what a great take on the sketch-love it

~amy~ said...

I soooooooooooo love your CAS take on the sketch. Magnificent work teamie:)

Anonymous said...

lovely card!!!

pamela said...

Love the colors you chose! I love your take on the sketch provided! I'm goinng to try the sketch and play along with TCM challenge!

Ann said...

LOVE your interpretation of the sketch & how you used those planes!

Now, if you really WERE a world traveler, you'd be over here in the US already! Keep saving those pennies! ;)

Christina said...

This airplane image is so cool, and I love how you stamped it off the edge of the card. Love that yellow and gray combo!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great take on the sketch Aimes. Love the colors too.

JJ Bolton said...

You totally achieved that feeling of movement! And who doesn't love that yellow/gray combo? Super card Aimes!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I love your take on the sketch and the great colors you chose.

Paper Issues said...

This is a fabulous card! I love those planes!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Issues! We featured you today: http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/05/world-traveler-card.html

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.