Saturday 6 April 2013

Golden Butterflies...

Butterfly Tag
Hey!

Happy weekend and happy release countdown, Unkio Studio styleee! :D

We're changing the format of new releases at Uniko Studio: now we'll have a day dedicated to each new product, with the products' full reveal and availability for purchase on April 11th. We'll still be celebrating the actual release date with a fun blog hop - you don't wanna miss it!

So it's Day 1 of product sharing and what a product we're sharing today. Uniko Studio has now entered the die market! Yup! Dies! Not only that but designer dies to coordinate with the BRIGHT Butterflies stamp set (that you can purchase now - it's a bargain!)

Butterfly Tag Close Up 
For my project today, I wanted to show you that you can still have fun with the designer dies even if you don't own the coordinating stamp set (yet!). My simple tag features all three of the designer dies (all three come as one set). The sentiment is actually a sneaky peek of a future set - I was just really taken with that font. It reminded me of the 1920s and persuaded me to take advantage of my gold obsession right now!

I'm also entering this 'happy' creation into the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge and also the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge: Anything Goes! :)

tips and tricks
  • A tip from my buddy, Debby: don't separate the dies when you receive them. You can create cool projects with the dies joined together; they're all lined up to perfection! 
  • Don't pile on the pressure with stamping those sentiments in the apertures. Lightly tack the die-cut white tag to a sheet of gold cardstock then stamp your sentiments in the apertures. If you bodge it up, just tack the white tag to another area of gold card and start again. Then trace the tag on to the gold card and cut it out (if you want a neat reverse to the tag, die cut another tag from white card and adhere to the reverse).
  • When stamping on glossy/shiny cardstock, consider using a permanent ink such as Staz-on. Just be sure to wipe it off any clear stamps immediately after use to avoid damage!
That's all from me today, but be sure to get a good sneaky peek at what some of the Uniko Studio DT whipped up with these dies, including our fabbie guest DT and talented buddy of mine, Taheerah! 

Bev @ Uniko Studio   
Aimes - That's me! :)
Amber
Erika 
Nicki 
Ren-Yi 

Stacey
Taheerah (Guest DT)

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek - I hope you can join me! :)

Signature2



  

Products Used 
(Not all are featured here yet - I'll add them when they're available for purchase!)






14 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the gold!

Taheerah said...

Y'know, I did think about not taking my dies apart to be able to create something like this, but my design idea won over and I had to captiulate! :-D Guess that means I'll just have to get a second set huh? ;-) Awesome tag Aimes - I love how you used your gold to bag the negative die cut - super-sophisticated result!!

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous and elegant tag!

Maureen said...

I always say you are golden, Duchess, and now literally you are! What a fabulous line up of butterflies :) Hope things are warming up there for you :) ox

Stacey Schafer said...

amazing, Amy! the gold is so rich and beautiful! think i can weld my dies back together?...lol!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such an elegant tag! I love the gold and the dark black ribbon. Gorgeous!

Debby said...

You are rocking the gold Aimes! Thanks for the shout out too :)

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. I love how you tied the ribbon...and the golden die cuts are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Elegant tag. As always thanks for the tips.

A Consuming Passion said...

Stylish tag with the gold card adding shine! Thanks for the tips and tricks too. :)

Deb said...

Love your gorgeous gold paper! Fab tag!!

Dan said...

Great tag - the gold shimmering through the butterfly outlines really draws the eye. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Dawny P said...

This is wonderful - a great design :) Thank you for joining us for our birthday celebrations over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Gillian R said...

This is lovely, really like the embossing round the edge of the tag

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.