Tuesday 4 June 2013

Rain or Shine...


rain or shine
Hey!

Happy Tuesday :)

Now I really hope I'm not tempting fate with today's card. You see we have some glorious summer-style weather here in Sheffield and I have to go and post a card that features an umbrella and raindrops - ha! Still, a card very typical of a British summer methinks; let's focus on the 'shine' part of that sentiment eh? *wink*

Enough about the weather, let me tell you a bit about this card: Clearly Besotted Stamps are ready to hit you with another fantastic release come June 6th and the DT are giving you some sneaky peeks. I couldn't resist inking up the sweet set, April Showers (don't you just love that font?!). It game me the perfect excuse to *finally* use my Memory Box raindrops die too :)

I said we should focus on the 'shine' element of the sentiment. I did just that on the umbrella too with a good dollop of Glossy Accents on a little paper-punched heart :)
tips and tricks
  • The orginal die used is actually much longer than the section I used on this card. To partially use a section of a die, I lay the section that I don't want to cut hanging out of my cutting sandwich (I'm talking die cutting machine sandwiches here, not your regular yummy sandwiches!)
  • Add embellishments to images to emphasise to your focal point. A simple punched heart covered in Glossy Accents not only makes that umbrella a little more interesting, it also echoes the sentiment too.
  • Save your scraps of pretty paper - they're perfect for paper piecing!
Be sure to pop across to see Stephanie if you haven't already - you'll be left counting down the minutes and seconds until release day I'm sure!

As always, and I really do mean this, thank you sooooooo much for checking out my creation today - I really appreciate your visits.

Signature2


 



Products Used


14 comments:

Marion said...

Love this Amy. Such a great font in the sentiment too.

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Aimes, I love how you have used the die and the little heart finishes off the card perfectly! xx

Lynn said...

Love this...fabulous way to use your die Aimes!

Karen B. said...

Great idea. Turned out so cute.

Karen B. said...

Great idea! Turned out so cute!

Lindsay said...

This is so adorable! I love it!

Unknown said...

The raindrops are so frekin' awesome!!!

Debby said...

GORGEOUS! Don't you dare start the rain though!

Mary Ann said...

Simple and very pretty!!!

Wida said...

I adore your tips! and glossy accent hearts always make it better!

Taheerah said...

Really cute card Aimes! Love the little glossy heart and the colour combo! No rain here yet, you had better not be tempting fate with this card, lol!

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet glossy heart :)

~amy~ said...

Such a cutie pie card...I love that umbrella!

Christina said...

So sweet and simple! The little heart is the cutest detail.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.