Friday 18 October 2013

Falling for fall colours (and leaves!)

celebrate
Hey!

Hooray for Friday! I'm super excited to see it roll up as my guy has been away this week in Paris for work (Work? Really? Jealous? Moi? Oui!) and returns home today. :)

Another reason to celebrate today is that it's time for another Uniko Studio Challenge!


Can you believe that we're on challenge #4 already? This month's challenge is one that really hits my weak spot: Fall Foliage. I have a huge love for autumn: the colours, the falling leaves - the whole season!

I'm still hooked on a colour combo courtesy of Design Seeds for autumnal creations after using it on an earlier project. So apologies, but I used it again here! :)

Bonus points on this card too for using up some older, but not unloved, supplies: Perfect Pearls by Ranger. Remember those things? You may still use them, but I have a few that have hardly been used. I couldn't resist opening up and dusting gold over leaves stamped with Versamark ink.

celebrate close up
It's a pain to photograph the shimmer but trust me, it's there. *wink*
tips and tricks
  • I cut squares of coloured cardstock, stamped my leaves, and dusted with Perfect Pearls before cutting them up into triangles. It can be quite fiddly to stamp and dust gold dust on a tiny triangle.
  • To cut my triangles, I simply cut from two corners of a square to the midpoint. Each square therefore makes four triangles.  If you want to create an equilateral triangle, simply cut from the corners to the mid point of the opposite side (does that make sense?!) 
We'd love for you to join in the fun with us. Check out the full deets, and inspirational projects from the rest of the Uniko Studio DT here!

Have a great weekend!

Signature2

Products Used


   

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a seriously fab card Amy! LOVE the color selection!

Lynn said...

So glad Chris is coming home today! The gold is amazing!

Alice said...

i am in love, Amy!!! absolutely fabulous!

Ruth G said...

I love the subtle shine that the Perfect Pearls gives! It's just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your secrets and your creation!

claude techer said...

magnifique !

Emily Leiphart said...

Really gorgeous, Aimes! I love the strip of triangles and the triangles and all the gold is delish!

Taheerah said...

Awesome card Aimes!! The Perfect Pearls is, well, perfect, but what really makes this for me is the graphic nature of the card and those little rhinestones and sequins! Fantastic!!

Have a great weekend with Chris - I hope he brought you back some macarons!!

Joan B said...

beautiful job!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.