Thursday 3 October 2013

Pinwheel Poinsettia...

This is my second post for today. Please scroll down for my CASE Study card. Thanks! :)

Pinwheel Poinsettia
Hey!

So. Did you know? Saturday is a special day for us card-makers. Yup, it's World Card Making Day (WCMD) this Saturday October 5th (It falls on the first Saturday of October).

A day dedicated to this wonderful hobby? Count me in! A day dedicated to celebrating not only this hobby, but the amazing community that surrounds it? Sign me up! :D

I'm totally honoured that one of the key peeps in keeping the fun and community spirit alive in this hobby, the one and only Cath Edvalson of Moxie Fab World, has a fun post today featuring card-makers from around the world (including me!) sharing our thoughts on WCMD and of course, a card too. I have to smile that some of the peeps representing the the corners of the globe on today's post are people I am so blessed to know already through this hobby. They're so talented and the sweetest too! Those that I don't even know that well, I'm an admirer of. :)

Today's card is my contribution to the post inspired by the Christmas/Season's Greetings category. What can I say? I have Christmas and poinsettias on the brain right now when it comes to any creative time I can find. I know I'll thank myself later in December when I can just send these cards out in plenty of time but for now, I guess you'll have to put up with them here on the blog way before the season - sorry!

tips and tricks
  • The poinsettia was simply created by using a pinwheel die and cutting six petals as oppose to your usual four.
  • The reverse side of the patterned paper I used for my pin-wheel poinsettia was originally white so I  coloured it with a red marker. This bled through to the patterned side which made both sides a lovely rich, warming red. Happy accidents - gotta love 'em! :) 
Be sure to check out the post if you can. I guarantee that you'll be treated to amazing cards created from amazing peeps from around the world! :)

Signature2



 



Products Used
N.B The jewelled brad used is discontinued. For those interested it was by American Crafts and came as part of the Margarita collection. 



   

8 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Aimes, love the poinsettia you have made xx

Lynn said...

Way to go on being highlighted and absolutely no surprise. Your gorgeous creations are always inspiring!

Caryn said...

Woohoo!! And love how you made the pinwheel into a poinsettia - talk about getting more bang for your buck!

Taheerah said...

Now there's an honour!! And an awesome card to boot!! Very clever use of that die Aimes!

Ruth G said...

I love your poinsettia! I never would have guessed it was supposed to be a pinwheel! Just a lovely card design all around! Congrats on being featured and thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity of your card!

Unknown said...

very clever! love the poinsettia!

~amy~ said...

((amazing))

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.