Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bee mine

Bee Mine
Hey!

Well I'm sure it hasn't escaped you on this fine Wednesday that Valentine's day is approaching and if you're celebrating it,  you've got less than two days to whip something up if you haven't already!

Today's card is a super simple, punny Valentine's card using the Cricut Mini that can be made in a matter of minutes. Trust me, it'll take longer for the red Stickles to dry and to exercise your patience than to design, cut, and put this card together.

The adorable bee and coordinating, punny sentiment are courtesy of the Create A Critter 2 cartridge. I simply cut different layers of the bee on to different coloured card and assembled it. I couldn't resist adding googly eyes and some sparkle to the hearts. I added extra sparkles to my bee's wings too using my Wink of Stella pen but my pic doesn't show it. Imagine those sparkles, OK? *wink*
tips and tricks
  • The red hearts create a visual triangle that allow the eye to naturally flow around the design.
  • I love googly eyes. They add such a fun element to a design and can give an object lots of character. Try adding them to anything, I guarantee it'll make you smile! :)
  • I've saved this design on the Cricut Craft Room software for the future. To make the same design again will take seconds as I'll just open the project and get cutting. Easy! 
  • I used red card on the hearts before covering them in red Stickles to ensure that the whole heart was red even if any of the card showed through the Stickles.
That's all from me today, and that's all the Valentine's projects shared with you. No more slushfests, I promise. However I can't promise that there'll be no more punny creations LOL!

As always, thank you so much for visiting today!

Signature2



Products Used

2 comments:

Kara said...

what an adorable little bee!!

Anonymous said...

Cute

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.